Teaching is a noble profession and is a great way of contributing to society and enhancing the skills of the young students. In India, particularly, teachers have always been very highly regarded. However, the regular school and college classes have not been able to suffice the requirements of a student. Coaching Institute aren’t new to the Indian context. In today’s highly competitive environment private coaching institute are the medium for a successful education business. If one thinks to open a coaching institute, here are some things which one should know before starting a coaching business.
- Licensing and Registration – If one wants to start a small scale coaching centre, there are no licenses required to be obtained. But, if coaching centre intends to be the size of an institution, then one would need to get a trade license and pay tax for the revenue generated by the centre. If the financial gain of the centre exceeds 9 lakhs per annum, registration of the business becomes mandatory and service tax becomes payable within 30 days.
- Determining the subjects – Before starting a coaching centre, one has to decide about the subjects that he is going to teach. Depending on one’s own educational qualifications, one can teach children of several age groups, and even to the young adults. The best option is to do a little bit of research to find out what subjects are in demand amongst the students in your locality and if there is hardly any tutor available for it, then you must start with it. Knowing additional foreign languages (such as French, Spanish, German, etc.) will add value to your education business.
- Location – The coaching centre should ideally be located in a central place. One can also hire commercial space, preferably a nice complex in the town or city. The Location factor does have a binding effect on the students. The reason for choosing the central location is that it will be easier for the students to reach the classes and will create natural publicity for the coaching centre.
- Infrastructure – Once you get a proper location, you need to look after the infrastructure, adequate seats, lighting, parking facility, and recreational facility are few things that you need to keep in mind. The coaching centre needs to have space enough for the students to hang around. As the students will be coming on a daily basis to the coaching centre, it will be of worth if you are able to provide them with some extra space to keep their personal belongings.
- Study and Staff Material – You have to be careful before you hire staff for your centre. Competent staff, considering the need of the students and the subjects you are covering, needs to be hired. Look out for dedicated and experienced teachers to add to your faculty. It is one of the vital things that you have to consider for the successful functioning of your education business. Your students will judge you from the quality and approach of the study material you provide them. Your Study material is your advertising. This will not only increase the reach of your coaching centre but will also build faith in the student community who comes over to the coaching classes.
Things to keep in mind while setting up a Coaching Institute
- Understanding the education system – First of all, it is important to understand the education system in the area where one to open a coaching institute, what types of school students are studying in the field and what type of coaching they need.
- Location – Even after having too much coaching center in the instant time, students are not able to get education properly. The reason for this is that most teachers either do not read properly, or the teachers of the right way are not at the place where it is difficult to reach easily. Because of this, selecting a place to establish coaching is mandatory. Choose a place where student can come easily.
- Space Concern – The coaching centre needs to have adequate area for your students to hang around. As the students might be coming on an everyday basis to the coaching centre, it will likely be of worth in case you are capable of providing them with some greater space to keep their personal belongings. A better idea would be to have a separate room with some sort of lockers allocated to each of the students to keep their personal belongings.
- Fees Decision – Nowadays, the market in the coaching business is extremely competitive and to get an upper facet in the same, you will need to fixed low prices for getting admission of students or for attracting them initially. As and when the popularity graph of your coaching institutes gets better, you can start playing with the fee charged. At this time you are in a position to dominate the students to take fees as you like.
Benefits of starting a coaching institute in India
How much benefit will you get in the coaching class depends on the way you teach. Because if your teaching method is good then a large number of students will come to your coaching center and you will also be able to charge a reasonable fee to a limit. In the instant time, many coaching centers are making a good profit by performing better. If you want, you can read at least six batches in a day, if you have about 20 students in a batch, then you get Rs 10,000 in one month, usually at a fee of Rs 500. So you can easily earn about 60,000 rupees by reading 6 batches daily.
How to promote the Coaching Institute in India
If you are a better teacher, then your coaching will automatically be promoted automatically. But if you want more students in your coaching in less time then you can follow the following tips.
- You can promote the name of your coaching center very easily in your local newspapers. By doing so many people will be able to know about your coaching center.
- In addition to advertising in the news, you can create a small video of your coaching and give it to the local cable operator. By doing so, your coaching center will be promoted through the TV.
- You can divide your coaching pamphlets out of various good schools. This is a better process, with the help of which more and more students are attracted towards your coaching center.
- You can also keep a free demo class in your coaching. Calling the children of different schools for these free DEMO classes will promote their coaching very easily.
- You can also get help from the online tutorial referral service for this task. By doing so, more and more people can know about your coaching. Apart from this, you can also promote your coaching at places such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.