Pakistan Releases Indian National Hamid Nihal Ansari From Prison 

Indian national Hamid Nihal Ansari was discharged from a Pakistani prison on Tuesday 18th December,2018 to be repatriated to India, six years after he was confined by intelligence agencies for entering the nation unlawfully to meet a young lady he had become friends with on the internet.


Ansari was confined by Pakistan’s intelligence agencies in 2012 after he entered the nation from Afghanistan and consequently condemned to three years’ detainment by a military court in 2015 for having a fabricated Pakistani identity card.


The 33-year-old Mumbai inhabitant was confined in the Peshawar Central Jail in the wake of being condemned by the military court on December 15, 2015. His three-year imprison term finished on December 15, 2018 however he was not ready to leave for India as his legal documents were not ready.


On Thursday, the Peshawar High Court gave the central government a month deadline to finish his repatriation procedure. The Indian national was discharged from Mardan imprison on Tuesday and was moved to Islamabad for his ahead transit to India, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.


Ansari, a software engineer, disappeared after he was arrested by Pakistani intelligence agencies and nearby police in Kohat in 2012 lastly in answer to a habeas corpus appeal to recorded by his mom, Fauzia Ansari, the high court was educated that he was in care of the Pakistan Army and was being attempted by a military court. He entered Pakistan from Afghanistan, purportedly to meet a young lady he had become a close acquaintance with on the web.


Pakistan asserts that Ansari was an “Indian government agent who had wrongfully entered Pakistan and was engaged involved in anti-state crimes and forging documents.” A two-judge Peshawar High Court bench, including Justice Roohul Amin and Justice Qalandar Ali Khan, on Thursday, heard an appeal recorded by Ansari through his legal counselor Qazi Muhammad Anwar.


Anwar educated the seat that both the Ministry of Interior and authorities of jail, where he was lodged, were totally quiet about his discharge and deportation to India. In the wake of hearing this, Justice Khan asked the Additional Attorney General to clarify how they would keep the prisoner in jail after completion of his term. An officer, speaking to the inside service, educated the court that a detainee could be kept for a month while the authoritative records were being readied. In the wake of knowing the lawful position, the court ordered the ministry to discharge the detainee within a month.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *