Applications are invited from law graduates for the role of Legal Researcher with Hon’ble Mr. Justice Dinesh Mehta at Rajasthan High Court, Jodhpur.
About the Job
Rajasthan High Court invites applications from eligible candidates having requisite qualifications for Contractual engagement as Legal Researcher for deputing with Hon’ble Mr. Justice Dinesh Mehta, for a period of 1 year.
Number of Vacancies
To assist the Hon’ble judge in the discharge of administrative and judicial functions, the Legal Researcher shall perform the following duties:
- To read the case files, and prepare the case i.e. case summary and notes and chronology of events of such a comprehensive nature, that it may give to the Hon’ble Judge a complete view of the mater, including the legal questions involved, and the latest case-law having bearing on the case either ways,
- To search and research legal points and principles under control and guidance of Hon’ble Judge,
- To search out case law, articles, papers and other relevant material required in discharge of judicial/administrative work.
- To take down notes of arguments and to prepare notes of cases.
- To identify facts, issues and questions that may arise in the course of arguments, or as may be relevant for judgment,
- To maintain record of judgments by the Hon’ble Judge alongwith the point of law decided in that particular case, and to maintain it in such a manner, as to be very conveniently retrievable, as and when needed by the Judge, for any purpose whatever.
- A candidate must be a fresh law graduate or post graduate in law from Universities/ College/ Institutions established by law in India.
- A candidate must have basic knowledge of computer.
- Age and Nationality: A candidate must not have attained the age of 33 years on January 1 preceding the last date fixed for submission of the online application.
- He/She must be citizen of India.
- A candidate must not be a practicing advocate nor engaged/appointed elsewhere, on an honorarium/payment basis.
- A candidate must not have more than one wedded spouse, nor should be. married to such a person, who already had a living spouse at that time.
- A candidate should not be involved in any criminal case, whether convicted or against whom the criminal trial is pending.
- A fixed honorarium of Rs. 50,000/- per month without any dearness or other allowance/ perquisite, shall be paid to the Legal Researcher.
- Proportionate reduction of honorarium shall be made for unauthorized absence, so also for absence beyond the permissible period of leave.
- On successful completion of the term of assignment, a certificate by the Registrar General shall be issued, in the form prescribed in Schedule-IV.
- If the assignment is terminated due to pre-mature discharge by the High Court, or due to voluntarily giving up an assignment, by the Legal Researcher concerned, no such certificate shall be given.
- Click here for the official advertisement
- Click here to apply for the role of Legal Researcher at Rajasthan HC.