For most companies or private organizations, hiring the best resources often becomes one of the most challenging factors. The simple reason is that many people intentionally lie in their resume. They even create fake references and certificates just to get the job.
So, while hiring the resources for your business, you need to make sure that you are hiring the right person for the job. In the following section of this article, the detectives of Discreet Investigations would tell you how simple background checks of the candidates can make it fairly easier for the companies to hire the resources.
What Is a Background Check?
A background check is something that an employer can request to have on an employee while hiring them for a particular position. Through the background check, you can have information about the history of the employee that includes their history of education, criminal records etc.
This background information of the prospective employee helps the companies to decide whether the person is truly eligible to hold the position in the company.
What Is Covered In a Pre-employment Background Check?
The investigators of Discreet Investigations pointed out that there is some common information like the birthday, name and social security number of the person being validated first. The detectives use the public database to find out all the necessary information about this issue.
However, a skilled investigator can check other information about the prospective employees. Here is a list of the information that the investigators can easily find about a person.
- Identity Verification: The private investigator makes sure that the prospective client has provided an accurate name and social security information to the company. Through this probe, the investigators also find out whether the person is a citizen of the country or not.
- Criminal History: As mentioned earlier, the criminal history of the person is yet another common factor that the private investigators investigate. During this probe, the investigators learn about any outstanding warrants of the person or whether there are any sexual offenses lodged against the person.
- Employment History: The investigators find out the work history of the potential employee and see whether they have provided accurate information about them as well.
- Educational backgrounds: Similar to the history of employment, the investigators also verify the accuracy of the information about the university degree that the candidate has mentioned in his/her resume.
- Government Issued Licenses: The investigators also check the licenses to make sure that the person has the right authority to complete the job in the first place.
- Motor Vehicle Records: The investigators try to find out if the person has ever been involved in any motor vehicle accidents or received any citations.
- Credit Check: The investigators probe in this section to find out whether the potential candidate is a financially responsible one.
There is no doubt that all of these factors are not required for every background check. The employers can choose the type of check they want depending on the type of the responsibilities that the potential candidate has to fulfill for the company. There is no doubt that the more information you gather about your employees, the easier it would be for you to be confident about hiring him/her.
Why Are Background Checks Important?
There is no doubt that it is important to hire upstanding people for your company. But how else, the background checks can help you? Let’s check all the advantages that the background checks of a potential employee offer to you.
- Verify The Qualification of The Candidate: The background checks are a great way to make sure that the person you are choosing to fulfill the position in your company is truly eligible for the position.
- Character Check: Even if someone only slightly exaggerates their qualification in their resume, it is a grave sign of dishonesty on the part of the candidate. You should only hire candidates who are responsible and have a good character.
- Keep Your workplace Safe: The detectives of Discreet Investigations points out that keeping your workplace and other employees safe is one of the most important decisions that you should make. Having the background of the potential employees verified gives you the chance to make sure you are not bringing any dangerous person to your office.
- Reduce the Liability of the Company: You can lower the insurance costs and the expenses of unnecessary lawsuits just by making sure that you are hiring the right individuals. A background check guarantees that to you.
- Avoid The Bad Hires: Hiring the wrong person for the job is not only frustrating but also extremely costly. Making small efforts for conducting a background check before hiring someone will help you prevent major problems cropping up later.
Private Investigators and Background Checks
While hiring employees, employers should turn to private investigators for help. The private investigators have the right training and the experience in dealing with all the problems that crop up during a background check work.
Unlike regular people, private investigators know where to look and how to find out the relevant information about a person. A private investigator also has the experience of handling the information legally.
All in all, if you want to conduct a background check in the right manner, you should get in touch with the private investigators of Discreet Investigations right away. The investigators would not only help you to find the authentic information about a person but also make sure that the whole investigation gets completed within the stipulated time.