July 27, 2021
JOB POST: Assistant Public Prosecutor Recruitment 2021 Odisha Public Service Commission: Apply by Sep 9
The OPSC or Odisha Public Service Commission is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment of Assistant Public Prosecutor in 2021 to fill up 46 vacancies.
About the Opportunity
OPSC is inviting applications for recruiting to 46 vacant positions of APP (Assistant Public Prosecutor) Group B, under OPSC Home Department.
Number of Vacancies
SC (Scheduled Caste)-04
ST (Scheduled Tribe)-01
- A candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University.
- He/She should have at least 2(two) years of experience as practicing Advocate.
- Age Limit: 21-35 years of age as on January 1st, 2021
Other Essential Criteria
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- He/She must be able to speak, read & write Odia and must have passed either the Middle School standard language test in Odia conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or the Matriculation (Class-X/10 standard) Examination with Odia as a subject;
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
How to Apply?
- The online application form window will open on August 10, 2021, and will remain open till September 9, 2021.
- Similarly, the window for the payment of the examination fee will remain open till September 17, 2021.
- Candidates must go through the detailed instructions before filling up the online application form
- Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- The candidate applying must make sure to provide accurate information since the edit option is limited & on the confirmation, there is no scope for further edit even if the wrongful entry has been made while filling up the application.
- Check the website for Assistant Public Prosecutor Recruitment by OPSC 2021
- Unreserved: Rs.500/- (Rupees five hundred) only.
- SC and ST of Odisha and Persons with Disability (whose permanent disability is 40% and more): Exempted
Documents Required for Application
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board/Council;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LL.B) certificate from a recognized University;
- Mark-sheets in support of all the aforesaid examinations i.e. H.S.C. to L.L.B. Degree including fail marks if any, issued by the Board/Council/University;
- Two recent passport size photographs (unsigned & unattested) which has been uploaded with Online Application Form.
- Two character certificates in original issued by two respectable persons, one of whom must be a Government Servant not below the rank of Group-B service.
- Certificate from Respective District Judge in support of experience as practicing Advocate at the Bar;
- Certificate of enrollment under Bar Council of India;
- Sportspersons Certificate issued by the Director of Sports Odisha;
- No Objection Certificate from the competent authority in case of Government Servant;
- Any proof of identity.
- Written Examination: The written examination shall be of one paper carrying 130 marks of two and half hours duration with objective type questions of multiple choice (MCQ) pattern.
- Viva voce test: There shall be twenty (20) marks for viva voce test. Depending upon the marks awarded to the candidates in Written Examination, the Commission will shortlist the candidates in the ratio of 1:3 with reference to the number of vacancies.